The Federal Tax Authority on Wednesday posted an unofficial translation of Cabinet Decision No. (59) of 2017 on Designated Zones for the purposes of the Federal Decree-Law No. (8) of 2017 on Value Added Tax [VAT].
The post states that the UAE’s Cabinet, under its authority, has added the following freezones to the FTA’s list of Designated Zones. These Designated Zones are outside the UAE for VAT purposes, and therefore are not subject to VAT in the UAE for products and services.
Here's our guide to all the free zones in the country.
Here's the complete list of Designated Zones as per the Annex to the Cabinet Decision No (59) of 2017 No. Designated Zones.
1. Free Trade Zone of Khalifa Port
2. Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
3. Khalifa Industrial Zone
4. Jebel Ali Free Zone (North-South)
5. Dubai Cars and Automotive Zone (DUCAMZ)
6. Dubai Textile City
7. Free Zone Area in Al Quoz
8. Free Zone Area in Al Qusais
9. Dubai Aviation City
10. Dubai Airport Free Zone
11. Hamriyah Free Zone
12. Sharjah Airport International Free Zone
13. Ajman Free Zone
No. Designated Zones (Umm Al Quwain)
14. Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone in Ahmed Bin Rashid Port
15. Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone on Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road
Ras Al Khaimah
16. RAK Free Trade Zone
17. RAK Maritime City Free Zone
18. RAK Airport Free Zone
19. Fujairah Free Zone
20. FOIZ (Fujairah Oil Industry Zone)
Source: Gulf News